LONG MARCH
Reading Gandhi
We learn a lot of newer, better, natural, healthy ways of living
The practice of non-violence by Gandhi is no new invention
His community practiced it since dates immemorial
And successfully used their energies in the best possible way
Conserving and using energy
A technique followed by almost all sportspeople
They bunk a smaller event to keep energy for a bigger event
Our body can be considered a bank of energy.
And impressed by him
I took to go for a long walk
A hard walk
“Long march” this is the famous walk taken up by MAO TSE TUNG of
CHINA to change the monarchy and bring communism
And his famous statement :
YOU GET AUTHORITY OVER THE NATION THROUGH GUN BARREL
And Gandhi took the DANDI MARCH
And the whole state knows the long march by YSR
Through which he came to power
“ rythu lekka gochi katti,
netthiki roomaalu sutti,
kaala bobbalu soopi,
kaajesthivi votlanni”
This is the famous song by Gaddar on YSRs walk
And my HUMBLE WALK
HARD WALK
Also had a purpose
Detoxifying the body
And to KNOW MYSELF
In the seclusion
Through long walk along the forest
And it was nice
I started from my home at 04:45 a.m
And reached my maternal grand’s home at around 08:45 am
A walk of around 25 K.M
A good perspiration
A satisfying exercise
Because the polytechnic ground is not throwing enough challenge
And
I started at 04:45 A.M
Over the railway over bridge
By the end of the first hour I was at MIDS College
Second hour at MALKAPUR
Third hour at MOSRA
Fourth hour at my destination
And while going
I observed woodcutters with their axes
Going on cycles and rickshaws
To the forest
I have taken a neem stick to brush teeth
And I remember well when I never felt a need to brush in the morning
I did not required tooth paste or brush
Because my mouth was not bad at all
Just gargle some water and it would be over
As a formality
I used the neem stick or palm stick to brush
When I was in the village during 1996
That’s a great feeling
Be close to nature
Be healthy
Be happy
And I started walking
And nearing to two hours walk I felt like eating
So I started chewing the almonds I carried in pocket
It was energizing and pleasant feeling
And it was when I put the parle-g biscuits
I understood how dirty things are sold in the open market
Waaq
It was all vomiting sensation
It is not a suitable thing
The mouth became all shitty
And it was only when I spat it all out
And gargled that I was comfortable
And the walk continued
And
I felt like I became an integral part of the gods canvass
God’s art
Nature
With the natural sounds, unpolluted air, the greener, the clear sky
With no obstacles or obstructions
It was all pleasure
And on the way I also heard from mikes
From holy places people spitting shit - hatred
And I felt one thing
In a body we require all things
The mouth which eats and the thing that shits
So let them shit with mouths
They do what they are
We must do what we are
PEACE BE UPON ALL
…. AUM SHANTI, SHANTI, SHANTIHI
And I was always fascinated by the village malkapur
Beautifully placed in between the forest in perfect vaastu
With hill on the southwest
And then
Ekla chalo ekla chalo ekla chalo re
This is a famous Bengali song (Tagore)
Which had inspired many towards freedom struggle
I was walking watching the morning beauty
The green carpets of nature
And beautiful little birds
And a small snake crushed by bus on the road
Fresh air
Clear sky
“aasmaa pe likh du naam tera
Ye zamee pe likh du naam tera
tere naam mere saath jod du
…”
ee nel manadi raa
aa ningi manadi raa
May be this type of climate
Natural beauty had inspired Gaddar
To sing that song
And
A disgusting thing
Whenever I approached a village
I just felt like welcomed to hell (Yama must feel bad for this comparison)
All children doing it on the roadsides and
Elderly somewhere open in the field
I only wondered
Whether YS was welcomed thus
On his PADA YATRA
And that must be a memory for him
Because I saw many Indiramma illu
Good
I felt thus
But where are indiramma paikhaanaalu
And then
Left right left
I can see a hill from 5km
That can be seen from my grandma’s home
For us, it is a signal of reaching amdapur.
When we were children
And now
When I am walking
The moment I happened to see it
I said in heart
‘I know the hill’
Which is being detonated since almost 3 decades
For its stone
Had been reduced to almost one third of its original size
Because we used to hear the loud sounds of blasts from there when we were children
During our summer holidays
While
On my way
I felt like
I must own some agriculture
And also devote some time for it
Already I am fit for soldiering
I must also be a farmer
I wish to have a small home close to nature
Where I could spend some time with least needs
Cook in pots, weave my own cloth, brush with neem sticks and grow food
Breathing the fresh air
Smelling the earth (matti vaasana)
Hearing the sounds of the breeze
The sounds of the birds
Like that like that
And
Chale chalo …
And then I was able to see the newly constructed Ootpally cheruvu
And MALLANNA GUTTA
And at Ootpally
It is a twin village with amdapur
I have some of my friends and relatives there also
I bought two maize corn and started eating
(u know, maize contains a lot of glucose in it
it is an instant energy booster)
I was fresh, active and happy
Even after the four hours walk
It seems there is something like that in that atmosphere for me
And then the village school
The small rice mill
The small masjid (now it has a compound wall)
And the turn into the village
The village has three in roads
Then come the hanuman temple …people sitting there
And my friend jilakara bhaskers home
Earstwhile they were the village landlords
And the whole big family adores me
His grandpa was a strong man
And I like his style of SILENT STRENGTH
He is no more
And both of bhaskers brothers are in software
And he is a schoolteacher
And now they built a modern house – biggest in the village
And from there comes a cross roads
The way to village grave yard (earlier we used to fear as children)
And then maadiga kunta – a pond as it is called
Turning – maadiga illu
And then a little ahead my grands home
And now I must be finished
Because I reached my destination
I drank a lot of water
Rested for a while
I was born in this house
I have opened my little eyes in this house
The feeling gives a different high
And I had meals
Monday is fasting day for my khaandaan people
And for most of vanjaris
And then
Diamond chai – very little bit
Not to avoid the old girl
Then I was listening the the old girl
For almost two hours
And then
Onething I don’t miss there
To go to the village pond (oora cheruvu)
So I went there
I got over to the bund
I saw the ganapathy idol there
Wished a hello
He is sitting there since I know
I remember how clean the pond was
Now it has become dirty
And the Lingam missing
Ganapathy is bindaas
Uska baap ko kisi ne uttha ke legaya
Aur ye chup chaap baita hai
Bolo
Gajanan maharaj ki jai
And from there
For a round in the village
The hanuman temple of paathuru (old village)
Ravis home
This fellow was in love with a girl and became mad for some time
They also are big landlords
So he discontinued studies
And it was when the girl rejected him
Because he is ‘anpad’
He restarted his studies
And was very serious at it
He was my degree classmate
And he used to sing this song dilse
Jaabilli kosam
Aakashamalle
Vechaanu nee raakakai
Ninu gaana leka
Manasoorukoka
Paadaanu nenu paatane
…. Nuvvakkada nenikkada
Paatikkada palukakkada
Manasokkati kalisunnadi enadaina
…Adi oka age
Cinema effect love age
Love ento theliyakunda love chese age
Cinemaalu choosi manamu love cheyyali anukune age
Natanani nijam anukune age
This is a big village of 5000 people
Divided into kotthooru and paathooru
Then the grampanchayat building
And the post office
And the humble tailor shop
And then turn
gundla indlu (fisher mens homes)
a very narrow way – the one thing that did not change since I know
Then gundla sangham (one of the the three oldest concrete buildings)
Gram panchayat, maala vaalla illu and this building
And then I said bye to granny
And ollu hoonam ayipoyindi
I was walking as if I was f…ed hard
Slow
Then at bhaskers new house
He came back from his duty
He asked me to stay there that night
And I obliged, I was badly in need of rest
Ravi also came
We talked upto 12 in the night
And bhasker REVEALED why they adore me so much
It was when I was in degree
I was staying there in the village
It was my genuinely committed perspiration
To help a friend
Yes
I recollect
Once their haystacks (gaddi vaamu) were on fire
How I ran (like road-runner in cartoon network)
And how I pulled hundreds of buckets of water from the well
WONDERFUL ENERGY LEVELS
Let me pat myself
And applaud
Boss
It was a scene a great scene
Now
I too feel great
For my energy and stamina
I was almost mad
Actually I enjoyed the perspiration
And I was sincere to help my friend
And when I was back home
I was dry due to the fluid loss and the energy I spent
DRY
Ekdam sookha
Because almost for three hours or more
I have spent in hectic and hard (more than hard) work in the heat
THAT WAS IT
I always wondered
Why I am such a special guest at their home
Whenever I was in amdapur
His grandpa
Who is popular all over bodhan mandal
And his pa
His baabai – a hard working farmer
Always had a lovely look for me
His brothers too were very cordial and polite
His mom treated me better than my mother
They are very professional people
They don’t give a damn to anyone
Very out right
Very straight forward
Hardworking
And sometimes proud
My uncles always said why
They are so good to me
And
Thank God
“When you are sincere
God will take care”
And
I have a good friend
We cannot always buy people
We have to earn.
He is in search of his wife
Who can come to village
Their surname is popular around a dozen or more villages
Because they also lend money
And are energetic people
And I woke up on Tuesday morning
To pleasant sounds of the birds
The fresh air
The sky
And the local buses on the small road
We caught one and reached bodhan
He went to duty
And, myself took a bus to nzb.
LIFE is but a MEMORY
Bitter or sweet.
Magadheera
Remember the song in the film OKE OKKADU
….katthula savvadi vinna veera
gaajula savvadi vinukoveraa
dheera dheera
magadheera
koncham filmi burra unte
We can easily understand
The inspiration to make this film is that song
And the recent arundhati
And a few Hollywood scenes cut and pasted
And ofcourse we can understand
His father was forced to join politics
To give way to hiM
Chirangeevi did not go to politics with a whole heart
He was COMPELLED to
But
In bad times he does not have
Sons-in-law
Like NTR
To fight
Actors are not the kind who can hold a real sword
They are habituated to hold plastic ones
They are stars if they succeed
or nothing
These people know powder
not sweat
Let us wish a father age person
Peace and Health
JAI CHIRANJEEVA
And one truth
Suddenly
When I turned back in the theatre
I happened to look at a girl
And she seemed to be a stunning
And you know
In the bluish lights of the cinema hall
It looks like that
And when she was drinking THUMS UP and yawning, I felt waaq, dirty girl.
But
I am seriously missing something
I don’t know what was happening to me
And I woke to facts and truths and life
I AM MISSING
The reason why I am after you since all these days (years)
Something! Truly, serious
May be the same reason
Why
My father brought
His childhood playmate to our home
A lady of his age, who has grand children
When my younger brother was getting married
We were not angry but sympathetic
I NEED TO LEARN A LOT
I NEED TO LIVE
And
I was against my nature, my character
Because
I am pulling time
I AM MISSING
I LOVE YOU
But I doubt
If. . U? Did the same
I don’t want/cant go to any other thing
And TODAY never comes again.
It is easy to say a hai
But difficult to wish bye
Good night
Sweet heart
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment